Letter from the editors

Dear readers of The Lowell,

As the spring semester unfolds, we have been thrilled to integrate our new reporters into the publication. Their dedication and hard work have been truly inspiring, as they have already published their very first articles. From sophomore Sasha Hung’s column, “Speaking up for myself, to freshman Eliza Howard’s column, “Healing through creativity,” a bright future is ahead for the publication. 

At this juncture in the semester, we are laying the groundwork for the future leaders of The Lowell. Last month, we began selecting assistant editors and held a pitching session for staff members to explain why they would like to fill an editor’s shoes and how they hope to further their commitment. It was inspiring to see a new generation of staff stepping up to the plate, ready to carry forward this publication’s legacy. Looking to next fall, staff members will elect our successors, your future editors-in-chief, and new faces will be welcomed to this beloved team — from business managers to illustrators. 

With just one more magazine to go before we pass the torch, we acknowledge the nearing end of our journey with a bittersweet yet optimistic sentiment. 

Sincerely,

Kylie Chau, Roman Fong, Sierra Sun

Editors-in-Chief, The Lowell