Filed under Voter Guide

SBC Community Liason Voter’s Guide

The Community Liaison represents Lowell students at meetings with the PTSA, the School Site Council, and the School Advisory Council. They also organize Social Awareness Week.

Young Cho, Junior

What qualities do you think would make you a good Community Liaison?

Well I think that I’ve had a lot of experiences and I somehow I go to unconventional paths. I’m one of two girls ever to play tackle football here at Lowell and tackle football is a male sport but I don’t really care. I tried to graduate this year. I think I expose myself to a lot of experiences.

If you get elected, what would you do to benefit the Lowell community?

I think mostly I just want Lowell to have a better, friendlier environment. Just de-stress and hopefully build a stronger community.

Amber Chung, Junior

What do you think makes you qualified for this position?

The community liaison does attend the school site council meetings, which I am currently a part of, and I guess that would be some experience. I know how the meetings go in terms of both the teachers and the parents and other students talk about when going through which department should get more money and things like that, so just distributing our budget.

The main part of being SBC community liaison is just representing the Lowell students and just hearing about their concerns and planning social awareness week, so the first thing I would do is post on social media and just make sure that ‘Hey, don’t be afraid to just come to me if you are wondering about anything related to not just PTSA or SSC or SAC but you can just really come to me about anything that concerns you about the school,’ so just make sure that all Lowell students know that I’m really here, truly here to represent them, not just like I’m doing this for college apps, that kind of thing, so just really make sure that the Lowell students know that they have a shoulder to lean on.

Megan Morcillas, Sophomore

What do you think makes you qualified for this position? What qualities do you think would make you a good Community Liaison?

I am responsible and organized and I’m also well equipped to handle pressure. I’ve had a lot of that just in my school career, so I think that those will help for the job. I’m also a leader, so I think that I can take charge on the job and do what needs to be done to get everything done.

I think I will make this position definitely a little wider known. I didn’t know about the position until I went to the meeting and I don’t think a lot of people know what it is. So I’m going to make it clear that I will be there and open to ideas that they want me to communicate to the PTSA or all the student boards. Because sometimes I think that sometimes there is a gap between the student government and then the actual students.