SBC Secretary Voter’s Guide

The Secretary writes down the minutes for every meeting, checks the SBC mailbox, and answers the SBC email.

Xueyi Tan , Sophomore

What qualities do you think would make you a good Secretary?

You need to be well organized, you have to be very committed because you don’t want to be slacking off, that would be bad. Also, you have to be detail oriented. And the most important thing would be responsible because you have to be responsible since SBC is the whole school, and it’s not only for one class it’s the whole school. You’re representing them and you need to do what the schools wants. Hearing from the public is very important.

If you get elected, what would you do to benefit the Lowell community?

My plans for next school year is I really want to advocate for lowering student stress. I want to work with the entire SBC council to plan more fun events for the students themselves. For instance, I want to have a student vs. teachers fun day where it can be games, sports, or whatever you guys want, because it’s for the students. I want to have this day because I’ve noticed that Lowell is a very stressful school and I’ve noticed we barely have any events that have the students and teachers involved in a fun activity to take their stress off. Not only that, but more events to lower student stress. By doing this I want to make a school wide google form where they have to put their input because this way I can have a lot of ideas from the public themselves to plan these events to lower student stress. My main goal is to advocate for lowering student stress.

Mariko Tanaka, Junior

First of all, I’m a really organized person. If you look in my locker, very organized. I keep a google calendar of everything I do every day, so I think that really helps me into me contributing to SBC if I get elected. During the past three years I’ve been keeping a binder for the LSA, so being organized really helps with events and stuff. Not only am I experienced but I am dedicated. Everything I do I finish out to the finish point, or even past that. I’m definitely an overachiever as well.

Communication between administration has definitely been becoming better, but I want to strive to make it a better relationship so that we can host definitely more events that get approved and etc. Also I think that if I do become SBC Secretary I can definitely, because of the experience I have in organizing and fundraising, I can do different events. I definitely want the budget to be higher for every dance or every event that we host, so the more fundraising we do the higher the budget the higher quality the event so I think that if I do become the SBC Secretary I can make a difference.