SBC Club Coordinator Voter’s Guide

The Club Coordinator is in charge of communicating with Lowell’s clubs and organizing co-curriculars, winter fair, and the freshman mixer.

Michael Chan, Junior

What do you think makes you qualified for this position?

I think I’m qualified because I’m very committed to the Lowell community. I also think I have good leadership qualities because I played sports all my years at Lowell and I am a good team builder and I’m really positive with my fellow group mates.

Why did you decide to run for this position?

I decided to run because I felt like our Winter Fair could be better and I feel like the communication between club officers in general could be improved. And I also feel like the club coordinator also deals with the LSA website and feel like it could be more interactive. It could give the Lowell student body more of a voice in terms of events and opinions and what they think should be changed.

Hannah Chou, Junior

I’ve been in a couple clubs at school right now. I’m in Red Cross, I was in Teens for Tutors and last semester I started a club with my friends, it’s called the Movement Club and we fundraise money to save orphans. And I feel like clubs were a really great way for me to get involved in school as a freshman. The school was really big to me but I just saw clubs were an opportunity to get to know other people who share interests with me and I wanted to be able to keep that warm and welcoming environment of being able to have a lot of variety of clubs and people who want to make new clubs can always put out their ideas of what they want to have at this school too. So it was a really good outlet having clubs. I didn’t want to just focus on academics I wanted to be involved with school in other aspects so I feel like getting involved with clubs at school, and starting a club too, I kind of understand how it works to run a club and what you need to run a club and the activities and events that come with it.

So I’ve never run for student body or any kind of office position at Lowell before. I thought that, first of all to try something new, as I said before, clubs were a really big part of my transition into Lowell and clubs and sports were a really nice outlet to take my mind off of academics. I thought that since it had such a big impact on me that I would want to have a bigger impact on this school by continuing to be involved with clubs and the coordination and creation of new clubs as well too, so that other people can have the same experience that I had of being able to find other outlets besides academics where they can foster more of their time and their hobbies and stuff.

Richard Soong, Junior

I’ve been a part of a ton of clubs ever since freshman year and I’ve held leadership positions such as Secretary of Heart in Motion and Vice President of Lowell Homework Help Club, which is also a club I co-founded. I used to be the school manager of Heart in Motion, which is not an offered position anymore, but basically what I used to do is oversee all of the Heart in Motion clubs in the city, not only Lowell but other schools as well. I have a ton of experience and I basically know the club processes like the back of my hand and I’ve really familiarized myself with the community so much that it’s like family.

I absolutely love the club community here at Lowell. I love everything about it the diversity, the inclusiveness, everything about it. I do think that there are some flaws that I really want to improve upon. I understand that since there are so many clubs here at Lowell they are basically pertinent to the lives of many people here and I really want to make sure that the future of our club community becomes brighter. And I really believe that I am the person who can really help to lead improvement and lead the continuation of what’s awesome and what’s really working well here.