Splashing through the waters: Lowell swim team emerges victorious against the Spartans

Cardinal swimmers represent Lowell in a meet against the ICA Spartans on March 23. Photo by Christina Johnson

Lowell’s girls varsity and JV swim teams swam against the ICA Spartans on March 23 at the Sava Pool. The Spartans forfeited the varsity meet, leaving the varsity girls with a victory of 12–0, while JV girls won 106–48. The boys varsity and JV teams did not compete in this meet since ICA does not compete in the boys division.

“Both ICA and Lowell…they put out 100 percent in effort.”

The Cardinals agreed that this meet was not only successful because of the overwhelming score, but also because of the efforts of the team. “Even though I didn’t swim today, I thought the swimmers did really well,” senior boys varsity swimmer Alan Tan said. “Both ICA and Lowell…they put out 100 percent in effort.”

Cardinal swimmers speed through the waters. Photo by Christina Johnson

Since this meet was further in the season, being the Cardinals’ fifth one, the team noticed drastic improvements. This was especially true for the JV swimmers that recently joined. “I hear a lot of girls keep getting personal records, which means they’re getting faster and I am really happy for them,” senior girls varsity swimmer Monica Tse said. “It shows we’re growing as a team.”

The Cardinals’ next meet will be against the Galileo Lions at 3:30 p.m. on April 13 at the Sava Pool.