Twelfth Night, Or What You Will: Shakespeare meets the Summer of Love

Sebastian (senior Oak Gast) and Antonia (senior Sofia Rodriguez) square up. Photo by Ciara Kosai

This fall’s play, based on Shakespeare’s comedy Twelfth Night, Or What You Will, graced the Carol Channing Theater stage from October 19–22. Twelfth Night, Or What You Will is the first play that professional actor Adam Maggio directed for Lowell High School. He took over this role from drama teacher Anne Marie Bookwalter, who went on maternity leave. This production was set in 1960s San Francisco. The production also featured live music performed by student musicians on stage. In case you missed it, here are photos from one performance.

Cecelia (sophomore Emma Greene) goes under a bridge formed by Andrew (junior Joshua Kay) and Toby (junior Joesph Gunther). Photo by Ciara Kosai
Malvolio (senior Joshua Kerzhner) reads a letter. Photo by Tobi Kawanami
Olivia (senior Alexandra Lee) pleads with Viola (senior Cleo Blackketter). Photo by Jennifer Cheung
The Fool (senior Charlotte Schwartz) and her entourage taunt Malvolio. Photo by Ciara Kosai
Viola washes up on the shores of Illyria. Photo by Anita Liu
Malvolio struts around in his yellow stockings and garters. Photo by Jennifer Cheung
Viola holds Olivia’s ring. Photo by Ciara Kosai